Ukraine has lost the hero of the sports front
The sad news came on May 9. Unexpectedly for everyone, the life of one of the talented and titled paragliders of Ukraine – Denis Dubrov – ended.
The cause of death was not reported. The Swimming Federation of Denis’s hometown expressed its condolences to the athlete’s family. He was only 33 years old.
What is known about Denis Dubrov
- In 2014 he won the entire set of awards at the European Championships.
- Champion and winner of the World Cup in 2015.
- Three-time champion (400 meters freestyle, 100 meters butterfly and 200 meters complex swimming) and two-time silver medalist (100 meters breaststroke, relay 4×100 meters complex swimming) European Championship 2016.
- Dubrov is the current record holder of Ukraine in the distance of 200 meters in integrated swimming.
- At the Paralympic Games in 2016, he gave an incredible result – eight awards.
- He received the Order of Merit of the III degree after a successful performance at the 2016 Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- He trained at the Dnieper Regional Center for Physical Culture and Sports for the Disabled “Invasport”.
- He performed in class S10, and then S8 (musculoskeletal disorders). It includes athletes with amputated limbs and those with cerebral palsy.
- In Tokyo 2020 he won three medals. He brought Ukraine “gold” in the 200-meter breaststroke. As well as two bronze medals in the 100 meters butterfly and in the men’s relay 4×100 meters freestyle.
Full text of the post from Facebook
(5355 5712 8459 6319 card to support the family of Denis, Lisa Tsitsarova, sister).